Rava Dosa is a South Indian breakfast made with Semolina, Cumin, Ginger, Coriander leaves and Green chillies. These aromatic crisp toasted thin crepes are immensely popular in the South Indian tiffin. It is an instant dish where a thin batter is made with all the ingredients. Then it is poured over a hot griddle. A generous amount of oil or ghee is drizzled to cook them.
For tiffins, different kinds of rava dosa are made. Plain , Rava masala, Onion rava masala, Dry Fruits rava dosa are some of those. Rava masala dosa is one of the most popular and is made by stuffing potato masala similar to the masala dosa.
Rava Dosa is usually served with coconut chutney, kara chutney, sagu or vegetable kurma.
They are very easy to make and need no grinding or fermentation.
Rice flour, Semolina, Refined wheat flour, Cumin seeds, Black pepper, Curry leaves, Oil, Sugar, spicies and condiments, salt, cashews, acidity regular.
- Add 1 cup of cool in cool rava dosa mix , 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of fermented curd all mix together. Cover the batter and rest it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Also add chopped green chilli, coriander leaves, onions to the batter and mix it well.
- Spread some oil on the tawa. Do make sure that the tawa is hot. Keep the flame to medium or medium-high before pouring the dosa batter. Spread oil all over the dosa with a spoon.
- Cook till the base is golden and crisp.The more you cook the rava dosa and the more golden it becomes, the more crisp it will be.
- Fold and then serve instant rava dosa hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Note: The flours settle down at the bottom of the batter. So you have to stir and mix the batter very well every time you make dosa.